Upgrading from an iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ryxmd, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Ryxmd macrumors regular

I still have the 1st gen iPad that I'm not going to sell. I had a iPad 2 that I sold for a iPad 3 when it came out. I also have a 1st gen Mini and a iPad 2.

I don't really keep my gadgets for this long. I tend to upgrade every 1 or 2 years. The iPad 3 is the longest device I have used without upgrading. But it is so slow now that I finally decided to purchase a iPad pro 9.7 32GB.

Will the 32GB be enough? My iPad 3 is 32GB and I have about 7GB left. But it's probably due to the fact that it's old and slow that I use it mainly for web surfing. I will mostly use this iPad at home and maybe bring along when I travel long distances. My 7+ is 256GB and will be my everyday device.

Did anyone else get a large capacity iPhone but a low capacity iPad?

2. chscag macrumors 68020

chscag

I still have my iPad 3 32GB and have around 10GB unused space. We use it for music and recordings only. Our iPhones are 64GB and when we upgrade, will probably go for 128GB. Nowadays, iDevices use space quickly due to the myriad of apps, music, videos, etc, that are available. If you're going to purchase an iPad Pro 9.7" model, my advice is get as much storage space as you can afford. Maybe 32GB might be OK for you now, but you really should look forward to how much future use you intend to get out of the iPad Pro.

3. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

Do you stream music or plan to keep a physical library? I get along with my 32GB iPP 9.7 and even my 16GB iPhone just fine, but all of my music is streamed.

4. Ryxmd thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to exchange it for the 128GB. Who am I kidding.....32GB is just not enough for me.

5. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

Clever, if you intend to use it for 2 years or perhaps even more, the cost outweighs the convenience and future proofing, or at least IMHO.