Upgrading from iBookG4 (1.07GHZ) to Mac mini.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by little.one.der, May 16, 2009.

1. little.one.der macrumors newbie

Well, it is finally time for me to upgrade my current computer. It's an old iBook G4 PowerPC 1.07GHz, 768 MB ram, 10.3.9, 40 gig HD (I think).

I was looking at getting a Mac mini and hooking it up to my TV, ala home theater/simple computing. I want to get the wireless mouse and keyboard too (or, are there other brands Mac compatible that have a trackpad on the keyboard?).

Is it safe to assume that even the 2.0 GHz Duo and 2BG Ram will be 4 times faster than my current set-up? I don't want to spend more than $1000. I am a student so I can get a little education discount. But with that $1000 I want to have the connector for my tv too.

But first of all, how do I figure out if I CAN hook it up to my tv?

2. seb-opp macrumors 6502

If your TV has DVI in then you don't need any adapters, just a cable. If your TV has VGA input, you need an adaptor for that, if it has HDMI in you need a different adapter for that. You also need a cable for audio if you want to play music through your tv speakers

3. little.one.der thread starter macrumors newbie

There is an S-Video (4-pin) input and RCA plugs (Red Blue Green colored plugs). Am I out of luck?