iPad Upgrading from iPad 4 to Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dice23, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dice23 macrumors newbie

Hello all! I currently use my Ipad 4 mainly for sketches and drawing, and running some apps. will it be a big difference in performance if I upgrade to the Ipad Air2? Is it something that is worth it?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I think it's worth it. Supposedly there's a 3 core cpu vs dual core and it has 2 gb of ram so it should be future proof for a while imo

3. dantracht macrumors regular

dantracht

No, your 4 is great for another year. I'd wait for the pro. I am waiting to see if those rumors pan out.

Your 4 is still a great device. Save your money.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I have an iPad 4 and going to trade it in + the $50 coupon from Best Buy that will net me $232 after work tonight. It's fixed the safari tab reloading issue and to me that warrants an upgrade.

5. dantracht macrumors regular

dantracht

Make sure you check it out and play some music LOUD before buying, if this thread about vibrating has any merit to it.

6. ipadlvr macrumors regular

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

If you found an apple device that works and you love, keep it until it dies.

7. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Upgrading from iPad 4 to Air 2?

I had a 16b air and a 16gb 4 (from work). I sold my Air a month ago for $380 because I was frustrated with the 16Gb and having it to constantly delete apps to do updates. I figured I would use the 4 and see what the new model has to offer. I hate the 4 now after using the Air for a year. It feels laggy and heavy and the battery is not nearly as good. Again, I was used to the Air and I also happened to get an iPhone 6 which is snappier than the 4 at the same time. It's all about perspective but since I got used to the speed and lightness, I am buying an iPad Air 2 (64g this time).