upgrading from Iphone 1st gen to iphone 4 what happens to data in apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cep, Jun 27, 2010.

1. cep macrumors newbie

:confused:I have a few apps that have data entered(password, Checkbook, etc). When I upgrade from orig to iphone to iphone 4 is my data from these apps stored and put back into the new Iphone?

2. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Only if the app uses a cloud to sync data OR you setup your new iphone from a backup instead of new when you plug it into itunes.

3. vtprof macrumors newbie

Is there an advantage to setting up a new iphone from a backup-or is it better to start fresh? Most of the info I'd want to keep is in calendars and contacts and maybe some favorite youtube vids.

thanks for the advice.

4. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Hmm probably not really. I do just so I know there isn't left over data and what not and everything clean. If you keep your calendars and contact with address book and calendar on the mac then you can re-sync those in itunes. Before you do, make a back up of those just in case (exporting them from the mac program not using a iphone backup). With youtube, you would need to have those as favorites or something in your youtube profile on the website.