Upgrading from iPhone 4 to 4S, SIM questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itsthemacaddict, Oct 13, 2011.

1. itsthemacaddict macrumors member

My new iPhone 4S is coming tomorrow (very excited!). I currently own an iPhone 4. What process do I go through to de-activate my iPhone 4, swap SIM cards between the two phones, and activate the new one? Is it that simple, or do additional steps have to be taken to make everything work?

Thanks!

2. E4tH macrumors newbie

All you have to do is activate your iPhone 4s, your old sim card in your iPhone 4 will de-activate by itself.

3. itsthemacaddict thread starter macrumors member

I want to swap the SIM cards though.

4. E4tH macrumors newbie

Then you just simply swap the sim cards and then going through the newly implemented iOS5 setup process in the beginning.

5. itsthemacaddict thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thank you for your help. :)

6. mercury66 macrumors newbie

mercury66

So if I use my old 4 SIM card with my new 4S.....I can bypass all the current Activation issues with AT&T?

MS

7. uhyana macrumors newbie

I'm going to have to switch my sim cards too, because right now it's telling me that my account is over due lol.

8. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

So for those of you that have upgraded to the 4s off-contract, does swapping the sim from your iPhone 4 activate your 4s w/same number and everything? Do I need to contact AT&T at all?