Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Dear knowledgeable Fellow Apple users,
l will be buying a new iphone, l do have simple factors which are important to me.
1. speaker sound, loudness and quality, through speakers
2. smoothness of operation without freezing or crashing, which l frequently experience with my iphone 6s!
3. battery life
l do like taking photos, casually.
so l am considering iphone 13 (but 'only' 4GB ram and l dont want the screen freezing or crashing because of open apps etc), iphone 13 pro (has 6GB ram :) where do. they sell in HKG? ) , iphone 14, iphone 14+ (6.7" is really bit big, but if it sounds significantly better may consider) and unlikely iphone 14pro because of price.

please give me opinion, esp where to buy iphone 13pro, l called all the authorised resellers recommended by apple website and none have :(

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
not available in apple store :( why do you say 12 pro? looking at reviews on youtube,iphone 14+ seems really attractive

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
You don't mention that money is an issue and since you have a 6S today I assume you are using your gadgets for a while?

If you can wait i''d say go for the 15 that's prob being released in september. (will most likely have USB-C)
If you can't wait go for the iPhone 14, 14 pro or iPhone 13 pro.

Reactions: Appletise

Appletise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
looking at reviews on youtube,iphone 14+ seems really attractive, and that speaker probably best, money isnt a big issue, but like everyone else, l do like value for money with being up to date.

btw can we go swimming with iphone 14? l like to do some causal picture and film taking in swimming pool, max depth 1.8m? l remember trying it with iphone 11 and it filmed ok for about couple minutes but then died on us :( was a public swimming pool with chlorine.

Last edited:

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
looking at reviews on youtube,iphone 14+ seems really attractive, and that speaker probably best, money isnt a big issue, but like everyone else, l do like value for money with being up to date.

btw can we go swimming with iphone 14? l like to do some causal picture and film taking in swimming pool, max depth 1.8m? l remember trying it with iphone 11 and it filmed ok for about couple minutes but then died on us :( was a public swimming pool with chlorine.
I'm the same when it comes to value for money but lately I try and look at it from a longer perspective.
If a product is $400 cheaper its much up front but not split over 3-4 years.
One thing that always annoy me after a few years is that I have tried to save money not buying enough internal memory, so now I try and apply the above example when getting a new phone.

I haven't used my iphone in the pool but think its great with it being waterproof when cleaning it. Just rinse it under the tap. One problem I see with manufacturers claiming products such as phones are waterproof is that that applies when the products is brand new out of the box. One drop in the wrong place, a third party repair work(such as a battery swap) might affect how the device is withstanding water. Not sure if the rating includes you using the physical buttons under water.

But out of the box without damages I'm guessing it will be fine in the pool.

sack_peak

Suspended
Sep 3, 2023

Did you settle for the iPhone 14 Plus or did you hold out for the iPhone 15 Plus?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.