Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darth Wohl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Hi all, i've really enjoyed all of the insights on this forum.

I currently have/had a mbp 15" cd, 2.16. I have had nothing but problems, ie. heat issues, shut downs, hd clicking.

I have had 2 logic board replacements, 1 hd, 1 optical drive, ram replaced, internal cables.

Finally, Apple has decided to replace my unit with a c2d 2.33, stock configuration. I originally paid extra for the 7200 rpm drive.

What experiences have owners of the C2D models noticed with regards to heat and reliablility? I love the MBP line, and really just want to feel confident that my problems are (hopefully) over, and I can finally enjoy this thng.

I expect the unit to ship early next week.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
I have that exact model and I love it. I thought I had some issues but turns out they were nothing really. It is cooler than the CD MBP, it wont burn your wrists (however long enough on your lap and it will become uncomfortable) but I like it alot more than my old CD MBP.

phantasmagoria

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2006
UK
I've had a 15" 2.16Ghz C2D MBP for just over 5 weeks now and haven't had any issues at all to date (fingers crossed!). I love it to pieces.

Heat hasn't been an issue for me - I run typically between around 45 - 55 degrees despite the fact I work on it for hours at a time, only hitting higher temps for any sustained period when I'm playing games (but then it can go right up into the 70's).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.