Upgrading from nano -> touch (iTunes questions)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whathesaid, Nov 15, 2010.

1. whathesaid macrumors regular

hi peeps. just looking for some clarification on something i'm not sure about:

I have a nano that I am obviously syncing with iTunes (10.1), I now have a iPod Touch that is replacing my nano, and I will want to sync with the same iTunes due to all the music being in there. Is it a case of just plugging my new touch into the Mac when iTunes is open and it will take care of the transfer? i.e all the music will be transferred onto it etc,

Is it as simple as that?

:)

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Pretty much, yeah. There may be a few settings it asks you to mess with, but it should be a relatively pain free process. :)

3. whathesaid thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent, thanks for the reply. I'm new to mac from a windows environment, so always expect something to go wrong when new hardware/software is involved! ;)

4. Appleind macrumors regular

Appleind

Both are totally independent. I have a nano and an iPhone. I have different songs synced to them. So go ahead and plugin your touch and sync your music. May be you already know this, you can also manually sync your albums. A little guidance on that http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1535