Upgrading from Office X to iWork 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by u6crash, Oct 23, 2011.

1. u6crash macrumors member

u6crash

Hey there. Trying to figure something out and just want to make sure I've got this right. Currently I'm using a student version of Office X that I bought almost ten years ago. In preparation for switching to Lion (no more Rosetta), I'm looking into upgrading to iWork.

So in the Apple store they have the single user DVD for $80. In the Mac App Store, I can buy any of the three programs for $20. Am I to take that I'd be paying a $20 premium to get it on DVD or is there something else bundled that I would be missing? I'm a more than a little inclined to get just Pages and Numbers as I don't have much use for Keynote.

2. JaHull macrumors member

The three applications you can buy individually on the App Store are the same as what you get on the DVD so if you want to save $20 or $40 if you don't get Keynote id buy them from the App Store.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Nothing else bundled AFAIK. Apple seems to be pricing things less expensively in the App Store vs. physical media at its Retail Stores.

I've seen a couple of front page articles here talking about specific products that Apple's no longer carrying in their stores. I wouldn't be surprised if iWork wasn't physically available in the near future.