Upgrading from old iPhone to new 3G question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhaserFuzz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Alright I bought original iPhone back in August of last year. I wanna switch to 16GB 3G one when its released. Can I buy it for $299 price, or will I have to pay more? I've seen different things and I don't know what's true. Thanks for any help! This is way too confusing.

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

You will only have to pay the 299.99 price since you have the old iPhone on your account check on the at&t site log in and click upgrade devices and it will show u if ur able to upgrade

3. scr1968 macrumors regular

It is my understanding that ALL existing "first gen" iPhone users are eligible for the update pricing --- assuming you are an existing AT&T customer.

And to further prove, or disprove this, you should be able to log into your account and see if it tells you you are eligible for an "upgrade" or not.

SCR

4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Actually, that's not a 100% given, I logged into my account and it said "Not eligible to upgrade phone online" or some gibbirish..

I called AT&T and spoke to a CSR and she said, it says that because technically I can't upgrade to any other phones, but I can upgrade to the new iPhone for the sub'd price..

So in the end, what the upgrade status on the website says can be incorrect..