Upgrading hack without restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ert3, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

using the alt button I have been installing the BETA firmware from apple as needed but now I am wondering if with my iPwned if I can upgrade with the custom firmware rather than restoring?

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I think you'll need to be mores specific...

So you are already jailbroken? Do you have your phone unlocked? is it a 2GF/3G/3Gs?

If you don't need an unlock (THIS WILL BREAK UNLOCK), you can just upgrade as normal instead of restoring and then use BlackRa1n and be jailbroken again. THIS WILL BREAK UNLOCK.

Other than that you have to Pwn the IPSW and do a restore.

3. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

I have a jailbroken or rather had a jail broken iPhone that was not unlocked (valid contract) and I tried the mac version of Black RAin to no avail.

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I guess try again. Or you can download Pwnage tool, but then you'd have to restore.

5. rawrboosly macrumors newbie

Quick question....

My friend borrowed my Itouch 8GB for a weekend and without my knowledge jailbroke it through Ipwned. Now, when i turn the Itouch on, it opens to a screen of Ipwned and a rainbow colored apple. When I hold the power and the home button for ten seconds, then only the home button for ten seconds in an attempt to reset it, it opens to a screen saying "Connect to iTunes". I open iTunes and i can't find the Itouch to restore it. Thus my problem. Can someone please lend me their assistance?:confused:

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Do you just want to restore to the latest firmware and not be jailbroken anymore, or do you want to keep the jailbreak?