Upgrading iPad 3.2

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by peachcub, Jul 26, 2011.

1. peachcub macrumors newbie

I just bought an used iPad 1, version 3.2 IOS. It is now jailbroken but I would like to upgrade to ios 4 - ideally, 4.3.3. The latest upgrade from apple is 4.5. Is it possible to upgrade to a version that is not the latest? 4.3.4 only has a tethered jailbreak, and that won't work for me.

Thanks for the help!

2. outz macrumors 6502

i'd recommend downloading tiny umbrella and see if the original owner backed up the shsh's of that specific version. if so, there should be no problem upgrading.

3. peachcub thread starter macrumors newbie

Upgrade 3.2

I don't think the original owner turned the thing on more than twice. I jailbroke it once I got it using jailbreakme.com, so I guess I'm out of luck??

Hard to know when to take the itunes upgrade...If I don't upgrade it eventually, it seems I'll always be one step behind being able to jailbreak when an untethered jailbreak comes through, right?

I've got a couple of iPhones that I was able to jailbreak using limerain without any difficulty, but I really don't think I can deal with a tethered jailbreak. If you use an tethered jailbreak, how do you ever get that tweaks from Cydia....you'd be rebooting tethered a million times - or am I missing something?

4. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

Yeh that's pretty much what you have to do. But I mean how often are you going to be reinstalling those cydia apps? It'll be a PITA the first time you set it up, but after that you really shouldn't have to reboot your iPad all that often...

5. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Most tweaks i have installed only require a respring, not a reboot. Respring is fine on thethered JB.

6. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I am in a similar situation.

I just bought a used iPad 2 16GB wifi, running 4.3 which has never been jailbroken.

I would like up somehow update to 4.3.3 then jailbreak with jailbreakme.

But, if I understand correctly any attempt to upgrade will give me 4.3.5. So my only option is to leave it running 4.3 and try Jailbreakme 3.0? Jailbreakme 3.0 will work on iOS 4.3 with a WiFi iPad2, correct?

7. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

google Felix firmware, then restore from that 4.3.3 you donwloaded from Felix's