Upgrading iPhone 3g from 3.1.2 to 4.1.2??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bedwards, Dec 7, 2010.

1. bedwards macrumors newbie

I've done a lot of research on this and I just have a few questions before I turn my iphone into a paperweight. I bought a used Iphone 3g with 3.1.2 (7D11) and firmware 05.13.04. I want to upgrade to 4.1.2. I downloaded SnowBreeze 2.1 with the 4.1.2 version for my phone. The steps look pretty easy, BUT, if I have a problem for whatever reason will I be able to put 3.1.2 back on? I tried tiny umbrella to save off the 3.1.2 shsh blobs(??) but it says there are none available, but I also read online that I wouldn't need the shsh blob for the 3G phone on 3.1.2 (is that true). Can I restore to 3.1.2 without having the shsh blob? My 3g is currently jail broken and unlocked for t-mobile. Will upgrading to 4.1.2 using SnowBreeze be okay. Will it still be unlocked for t-mobile. Also is it worth upgrading from 3.1.2 to 4.1.2. I heard that 4.1 fixed the slow issues in 4.0 and that there are some new features like foldering and multitasking?? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Stay away from snowbreeze, it junk and its very buggy.
    Use Dev Team tools like Redsnow or pwnage tool.

3. bedwards thread starter macrumors newbie

From what I've read Pwnage is only for mac and Redsnow is only for ios 3.2.2 and above. Can I use Redsnow if I'm on 3.1.2? Thanks.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Yes. Redsn0w jailbreaks 3.1.2

5. bedwards thread starter macrumors newbie