Upgrading jailbroken iPad 2 from 5.0 to 5.1.1 help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jottle, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Jottle macrumors 6502

So here's my situation. I have a jailbroken ipad2 on 5.0.1 and I want to upage to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak after restoring. Here's the issue. Apple is no longer signing the 5.1.1 update, but according to my cydia app on my ipad, cydia has saved my 5.1.1 shsh blob even though I have never updated to that version of ios. How do I go about upgrading to 5.1.1 and not ios 6? I'm assuming I need to use Tinyumbrella? Please point me in the right direction. I've searched, but haven't found my specific situation.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Did you bother to look in the Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks forum? If not then you didn't put forth much effort in you search.

3. Jottle thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah that's what I love about the internet. Help with a slice of "I think you're completely stupid pie." It wouldn't be a discussion forum without someone replying to help and stick it to me. Thanks dude.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'm not too familiar about the upgrading to iOS 5.x but I know it has something to do with redsn0w making a custom firmware where the shsh blob is stitched to the firmware. Hopefully google searching along those lines will help you find a solution to update to iOS 5.1.1

5. Jottle thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems it's only possible to do what I want to do if I have the 4.x ios blobs for some reason. I guess it might make more sense to upgrade to 6.0 and then downgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak again.

6. Jottle thread starter macrumors 6502