Upgrading jailbroken iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tjvaughn, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Tjvaughn macrumors newbie

Perhaps I am a little Johnny come lately for this question but with the new os being released I no longer really need my iPhone jailbroken, so I want to know the procedure for upgrading my 3.1.3 jb iPhone to ios4? Will I have to do a complete restore? Thus loosing my settings apps and music? Or can I just do a normal upgrade through the latest and greatest iTunes? Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

easy way wait till next week when 4.0 is officially released then update firmware via itunes. you will need to down load itunes 9.2. you will loose your cydia apps of course and any apps you might not have paid for. if you are one of these that can't wait a week and a half you need a Mac to find 9.2 beta itunes which is only on mac. and you need the 4.0 gold version. personally I waiting till next week and I will remain a jailbreaker. Apple still has allot more to do to make me happy.

3. Tjvaughn thread starter macrumors newbie

Right on... I can live with using just the plain upgrade I don't want to lose all my damn music, that's my biggest concern

4. Tjvaughn thread starter macrumors newbie

Another possibly bonehead question... When I upgraded to 3.1.3 I backed up my shsh do I need to concern myself with restoring the shsh settings prior to upgrading? Or when I upgrade to ios4 do I not need to worry about my backed up shsh stuff?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

SHSH hases are just a tool to use to restore a 3GS if needed. There is no need to do anything with hashes once they are stored.

6. Tjvaughn thread starter macrumors newbie

so im safe to just straight up upgrade my phone to iOS4 then?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That's what iTunes is for. Sync your music to iTunes, then sync it back after upgrade.