Upgrading JB Iphone 4 from 4.01 to 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dylanursula, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

All,

I am using Windows 7 and my wife has had it with her proximity sensor and wants to go from 4.01 to 4.1. We have used TinyUmbrella so wanted to see if anyone had step by step instructions on how to and if it is possible to upgrade to 4.1.

Thanks
    D

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

what device do you have? if you have a 3gs or I4 you need shsh blobs saved 3g or less www.Iclarified.com go to tutorials then jailbreak.

3. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Labman... I have a iPhone4 and we have used Tiny Umbrella to save blobs. I am ok doing step by step instructions but could not find the Windows guide for the iPhone 4 on Iclarified...

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

can I ask why you want 4.1? do you want to keep the unlock option? new jailbreeak and unlock are going to out fairly soon as well regardless of what some say here is one Jailbreak

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10943 you can upgrade using tiny umbrella.

5. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Labman - My wife is hoping 4.1 brings a better promiximity sensor as she has already had her iphone4 changed once. If I upgrade to 4.1 does the phone restore to a new phone and then do I need to jailbreak all over again?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

everytime you loose jailbreak and have to rejailbreak you can use pkgbackup or Aptbackup in Cydia to back up you jailbreak apps. I like the pkgbackup even though it's paid. the stickies on top of this forum will explain allot of the info you need to know.