upgrading logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tsmith, Aug 18, 2011.

1. tsmith macrumors newbie

tsmith

I have a 13" 2009 unibody that has water damage and some corrosion on the logic board. I hear the startup chime but the display does not come on and it doesnt seem to be booting.

either way, i wanted to replace the logic board but while I was at it i was hoping to upgrade from 2.26 to 2.66.

would a mid-2010 13" 2.66 logic board fit in my 2009? i heard 2011 was too different but im unsure about a 2010 to 2009 swap.

lastly the graphics card is apart of the logic board right?

thanks!

2. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

If I were you, I would try my best to get the same exact one, or at least one from the same generation (with the same screen size). It will save you a lot of time and money from getting the wrong one (and possibly screwing up your other components, or the new logic board). Trust me, that is your best bet. Unless someone has had good experience doing what you're trying to do.

3. tsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

tsmith

yea it probably is safest, yet i saw i could get the mid 2010 2.66 board for the same cost as fixing the one i have now. so i really did want to upgrade if possible.

4. Sace macrumors member

I asked iFixit the same question and they said that the newer logic boards won't fit the old model.

Guess the best option is the 2.53Ghz model..