iPhone 11 Pro Upgrading LOST iPhone on IUP

kierennyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
NYC
I had my iPhone XS Max stolen a few months back and had to buy a new one outright at full retail (ouch) as I didn’t have any theft coverage via apple or a third party.

My question is does anybody know how the upgrade process will work for me this year?

I’m already pre-approved for a 11 pro max on launch day (in store pick up). Will it be a simple case of just paying off the 12 month balance on my previous device and then starting a new 24 month payment plan?

If so I’ll then just sell my current XS max on eBay or some other platform to recoup some of that cost.

Anyone in a similar boat and know for sure that the above is correct? Or am I missing something?

kierennyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
NYC
Why not contact Citizens One about your account? They will be able to tell you in clear terms the steps needed for your loan situation.
I was hoping somebody on here might have already done that and save me the time. But yes, if necessary I will.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I was hoping somebody on here might have already done that and save me the time. But yes, if necessary I will.
While some may have gone through something similar, each loan circumstance is specifically different. The best strangers can do here is make a guess. If I were in your spot, I would want to know exactly, and not guess. Either way, I hope you are able to get it worked out where you can get the phone you want without a lot of hassle.

Last edited: