Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew D.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'm planning to upgrade my MacBook's stock hard drive and I was wondering if these pieces from newegg.com are a good choice for now. Do they have the proper specs that the MacBook is compatible to? Thanks for all your help everyone! Here are the following links to those items:

Hard Drive
External Enclosure

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
are you going to be using this as an external hard drive or are you replacing your existing hard drive with this one?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
They seem to be the right ones, its a very good idea to upgrade the hard drive yourself it is very easy and you can use the one that came with you laptop as an external hard drive.

My friend who uses a MacBook asked me to upgrade his hard drive, he called me from a mall so i told him to buy a 200GB 2.5 hard drive which he did and i installed it in 5 mins. It seems any 2.5 hard drive would work in a MacBook i have not read or found it otherwise. Its to bad that to upgrade a MacBooks Pro's hard drive takes a hour or more if you are extra careful. My Dell gaming laptop is even easier then a MacBook, you open the screw, slide open the trade (kinda like the MacPro), insert the new hard drive and your done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.