Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acidity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I have a 13 inch black macbook with code duo 2.0 ghz. When I purchased the machine, I thought 1GB would be good but now after running parallels and simple windows app, my machine gets very slow. So I plan to upgrade my memory to 2GB. I currently have 2 512MB memory card so I believe I will have to exchange it with 2 1GB card.

What do you people suggest to do? I have assembled windows pcs by hand couple of years back when I was a hardware technician (i dont touch hardware anymore) so if the upgrade is easy, I can do memory card replacement by myself.

Also, the video output port in my Mac seems to be incompatible with all projector and slider input in my university. They all attach to windows style output (i dont know what they are called individually) so I guess I have to buy a converter.

Again which place to you suggest for buying the converter?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I have a 13 inch black macbook with code duo 2.0 ghz. When I purchased the machine, I thought 1GB would be good but now after running parallels and simple windows app, my machine gets very slow. So I plan to upgrade my memory to 2GB. I currently have 2 512MB memory card so I believe I will have to exchange it with 2 1GB card.

What do you people suggest to do? I have assembled windows pcs by hand couple of years back when I was a hardware technician (i dont touch hardware anymore) so if the upgrade is easy, I can do memory card replacement by myself.

Also, the video output port in my Mac seems to be incompatible with all projector and slider input in my university. They all attach to windows style output (i dont know what they are called individually) so I guess I have to buy a converter.

Again which place to you suggest for buying the converter?

For the issue with the projector, you're going to need to get a Mini DVI-VGA adapter - at least I think it's Mini DVI. I don't think they come with the MacBooks anymore. My iBook has Mini VGA and it came with an adapter, but Apple has gotten a bit less generous.

acidity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
even I think so but which method do you suggest to buy it? cheapest and most reliable :)

butaro

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Canada
is it recommended to reinstall osx when you install the ram upgrade? (hehe sorry coming from windows world)

tundotcom

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2007
NYC
Also, what's the cheapest place for 2x1GB sticks for the MacBook? Does it matter if you have a CD or C2D?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.