Upgrading my 2007 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adjohan, Nov 8, 2012.

1. adjohan macrumors newbie

I am a Graphic Designer and still using my 2007 Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo... upgraded the RAM and HDD about last year. I have been looking into possibly upgrading but not sure if it's worth it to upgrade to the new Retina MBP (too expensive).

I've seen deals around for the non-retina version on some online store that sells Apple products (cheaper, better extras in deals, etc).

What do you guys think? Should I just suck it up and shell out my money on the new retina version or the older version (non-retina)?

2. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

Older version! 2011 is the older version!

The NEW cMBP is the new version, just without the retina, same Ivy Bridge Processor, Nvidia, etc.

Buy the Retina version if you need the hi rez screen

I bought the NEW cMBP, because ram and HD upgrade was more improtant to me than the retina display. I have the retina display on my iPad 3, and although nice, not that big of a deal really.

I was running Windows 7 using Parallels tonight and the nature background picture was truly amazing for a NON retina MBP.

3. adjohan thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking the same thing as you about the possiblity of upgrading RAM and HD by yourself instead of the Retina Version which offer 0 DIY upgrade.