Upgrading my 4 year old Mac, MBP good choice?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cootersgarage6, Dec 9, 2010.

1. cootersgarage6, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

I am upgrading my Black book from 06, because it has every low specs because this was the first chip that Apple made in their laptops, and Apple told me that If I got a computer that is even 3 years older it will be way way way faster, because my intel chip isn't great. It's not even C2D. and it's only 2GHz. So this is what I am going to do.. Either buy the Macbook PRO 13 INCH or the Macbook. They both are the same internally except for the RAM...

Will the macbook pro last me longer because the RAM? and is it a good computer compared to the OTHER NOTEBOOK COMPUTERS. Not just macs, I am talking about the whole world of CONSUMER computers, does it have things many other laptops don't? (backlight keyboard, graphics, things like that)

the ONLY thing I am concerned with is thre GHz speed, is 2.4GHz good?

2. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

Well what exactly do you use it for? If I were you and only doing light work, I'd just keep it. Heck, my mom uses her white '06 1.83 GHz Core Duo for photo editing and it runs great.

3. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

If you can live with it for a little longer, the news on the front page seems to indicate that Sandy Bridge and its graphics processor will be coming to the macbook pro (13") with the next refresh and it would be one heck of a kick in the pants compared to your current macbook