Upgrading my anySIM 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WorldIRC, Oct 18, 2007.

1. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

What are my options right now to get a fully working 1.1.1, unlocked and activated, with the new baseband...is this not possible yet? If not, what are the other available options to me? I will pay for IPSF if I need to. I have used anySIM and am still running on 1.0.2 right now!!

Thanks everyone!

2. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

I'm in the same situation our best option is to wait unless u want to pay. There is some rumors that our unlocked firmware can be virginized but it is uncomfirmed don't attempt it because it changes ur imei number and wuen u update to 1.1.1 it bricks ur phone

3. hidehide macrumors 6502

I dont think the change of imei will brick ur phone?? Maybe Im wrong. But i know change of nvram and seczone will brick ur phone if you update..

And back to the topic, I dont think there is solution to unlock it with anysim yet. But I think there will be a solution soon. Just wait.

4. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean no way to unlock a phone that's used anySIM.. I don't mind using IPSF...as long as I can do so without bricking my phone!

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Seems Bass- Ackwards, but:

Upgrade to 1.1.1.

Use iNepemdence to down back to 1.0.2 (to get rid of the garbage that is AnySim)

iNependence jailbreak

Unlock Sim with IPSF

Upgrade (Again!) to 1.1.1

Clean Up with iNdependence

Enjoy 1.1.1 with unlocked SIM.

Did this a couple hours ago myself.

6. hidehide macrumors 6502

I think u cant use IPSF now, because you already unlocked with the old anysim, which changed your nvram..
    If you used IPSF to unlock your 1.0.2, then you can upgrade...

Thats why I have been waiting and waiting iPhone Dev Team to release anysim for 1.1.1.....

I will be rushing to apple store to get a virgin 1.1.1 iphone after this class end.. :D

7. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

And what version of the baseband does one end up with then?

8. smacman macrumors 6502

This is a very accurate and concise guide and I can confirm it worked for me. Now running 1.1.1 Unlocked.

9. WorldIRC thread starter macrumors 6502

What version of baseband

10. smacman macrumors 6502

Started with a 1.02 iunlock phone and now a fully upgraded 1.1.1 ver 4 baseband phone....

11. stebbo macrumors newbie

Would this work on my 1.0.2 - I can't remember where I got my unlock app from, but it's just called 'unlock', it's still in a folder on my desktop...

12. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

My problems are solved, I sold my 1.0.2 anysim unlocked phone on ebay, made 500 bucks, bought a virgin 1.1.1 unlocked with iphonesimfree, and even bought myself a nice case.

13. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Wait wait! Don't use IPSF no necessity to pay!

Instructions (if you have a new 1.1.1 phone skip to step 2):

1. If you unlocked your 1.0.2 phone, you need to revirginize it, follow this guide

2. After that follow this guide to jailbreak/activate/unlock it.

That's it, no necessity for IPSF