Upgrading my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by berkleeboy210, Jan 29, 2008.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Hey All,

I was thinking about getting a new MBP when the Updated ones are annoucned. but the more I think about it, my current macbook suits me just fine, but I would like to Upgrade it.

I only have 1gb of ram in this thing so that upgrade is a must. I'm probably going to max it out to 3gb. - I'll be doing a lot of Photoshop work and video editing for School. I've done RAM ugprades before so that will be no problem.

I'd also like to upgrade the Hard Drive. 80gb just ain't cuttin it. I'd like to put a 250gb drive in. I can get a western digital drive for about $140 from MacSales.com

I've never upgraded a hard drive before, so my question is, is it fairly simple, and what can I expect during the process?

I have all my important stuff backed up on an External, connected to my Airport Extreme Router.

Thanks in Advance

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

upgrading the hard drive in a macbook isnt much harder than the RAM.

ifixit.com

has some great guides with pictures

3. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Since you were thinking about upgrading to the MacBook Pro already, and you said you are going to do a lot of photo work, you might still want to consider it. You'll benefit a lot from the dedicated graphics. Plus, once they come out, you'll have the latest and greatest for awhile. :rolleyes: And it might even have the multi-touch support!