Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcmo

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I’ll finally be upgrading from my iPhone 6s to the iPhone 11 tomorrow and want to be sure I correctly pair my Apple Watch (series 4) to the new phone properly.

I’ve searched online but am still unsure of the order in which I should do things.

Do I first unpair my watch from my 6s, then switch phones, then pair my watch to the new phone?

Or, do I first switch phones, then pair my watch to the new phone, and then unpair my watch from my old phone?

Thanks for your help!

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Just hold your phone next to the watch and the setup will start. Just follow the prompts. Not sure if you need to be on Wi-Fi though

kcmo

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Just hold your phone next to the watch and the setup will start. Just follow the prompts. Not sure if you need to be on Wi-Fi though

ok so that means switch phones first and then pair my watch to the new one. Thx

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I always get the new phone set up first, then pair the watch to the new phone and make sure everything is working properly before unpairing from the old phone. They make it pretty seamless in the times I've done it.

kcmo

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
I always get the new phone set up first, then pair the watch to the new phone and make sure everything is working properly before unpairing from the old phone. They make it pretty seamless in the times I've done it.

great, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.