Upgrading Old iTunes TV Shows/Music Videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheSpaz, Sep 8, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Is it possible to upgrade a TV show or Music Video that was purchased at the 320 x 240 resolution to the newer 640 x 480 resolution? You see... recently I was watching an old Comedy Central video I bought when the videos first came onto iTunes and the quality is so freaking tiny and not to mention... look really compressed. I almost felt like I could download the same video on YouTube for free. Is there a way to make the most out of my previous purchase and upgrade to the higher video quality?

If not... I think Apple should reward us by letting us Re-Download the older content as long as we still had the password and original account it was purchased with to get the Bigger video size. To watch these videos on my 20" display is really disappointing.

Also, what are people doing with that AppleTV thing? Did anyone buy one of those? Who wants to watch YouTube content on their HDTVs? Also, I Heard that you can't even play 1080i video on the AppleTV so what good is it to watch low res videos on your HDTV? I saw one at the Apple Store and the picture quality was absolute garbage... I really feel embarrassed for Apple for releasing such a crappy product.

2. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Do you know if Apple upgraded all the old content to the new resolution, or did they just start encoding new content at the higher resolution? If they have, I'd email Apple support and see if they have any suggestions.

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Thank you for your kind reply. I took your advice and I contacted Apple's email support to ask this very question. I really hope they give me a deal because the videos costed the same the first time anyway... and when they upgraded the size, the old size looks so small and compressed now. Thanks again!

4. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

This happened last year when they introduced the 5.5 gen ipod and the larger screen rez. A lot of people complained about it and Apple only let some of them actually upgrade, makes you think it would automaticlly detect wut you have and tell you a higher version is available and just overright the old one. Then again, I have backed up my os numerous times and lost my purchased playlist (I still have the reciepts though)