Upgrading on FamilyPlan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by creeman, Jun 9, 2010.

1. creeman macrumors 6502

I could not find a clear answer on this, so I am just going to make a new post. Currently I am on a family plan with my dad and step mom. My line is currently available to upgrade with the $18 upgrade fee. My question is, if I upgrade to the iPhone 4 (from my iPhone 3GS), will that extend everyones plan two years, or just my line? Thanks.

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

No impact on the other lines of service. Just your contract will be renewed for a new two-year service commitment.

Each line has it's own contract.

Dave

4. creeman thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, thanks. So when their contracts end, it will just switch to a single account for me then? Also, if I was to apply a FAN discount to the account, does that affect everyone or just my line, since I am the only one eligible for it.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

No, when their existing contract terms expire, they will go to a 30 day auto renewing service agreement so your FamilyTalk plan stays valid as long as you have at least two active lines, the lines do not have to have the same contract end date.

If you add a FAN it is applied at the Account level and any service discounts may be limited to only the primary line. It depends on the FAN.

Dave