? Upgrading on my daughter's phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by connfamily, Jun 10, 2010.

1. connfamily macrumors member

My daughter's phone is the main one on the account. I guess that happened when she originally added the text message for just her phone a few years ago.

We both have I-phones and I bought mine before hers last year. Her's is eligible for an upgrade and mine is April 2011. After much arguing between the two of us (she is 18 and going to college and doesn't really need to spend $300 on a phone when we are paying for things for her college, when she is crying she doesn't have the money for it - although she wants to use her graduation money for it).

After much debate, my hubby is finally on my side since the account is our account and we pay the phone bill's - she only pays for texting.

So - Can I pre-order the new I-phone ahead of time if I want to use her phone upgrade but put the phone on my #?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

You can use anyone on the accounts upgrade for your number, AT&T has no problem with that.

3. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

You should be ashamed! using your daughters upgrade without her permission! :p

4. connfamily thread starter macrumors member

Haha - Yeah, it's been a little hostile in our house the last two days. We pay for the phones and it's our account. She doesn't need to spend an extra $300 dollars when she is heading off to college. We are buying her a new MAC Book Pro for college, I mean geez she is so ungrateful at times.

I was ready to spend almost $200 on a new camera and the one in the new Iphone takes care of this problem. Plus, I'm not needing to save my money for college expenses. I hear - I need money for this and this and this.......but you can pay for this, and I'll take this $300 and go buy a new Iphone.

My feeling is that she is more than welcome to pay off the contract on this phone and get her OWN account and pay for her new phone herself.

It is my account, and my phone should have been the first on the account. It's my name on the bill :)

5. connfamily thread starter macrumors member

But how does that work if I want to pre-order it from Apple and have it delivered?

Or can I pre-order it from AT&T to be delivered (or is it only Apple doing the pre-order)?