Upgrading one line in a Family Plan using another upgrade help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stephen1108, Jun 14, 2010.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Hi :)

I need some recommendations on what I should do. Here's my scenario, I upgraded my cell phone last year, and my line in the family plan isn't due for a fully discounted upgrade until next year 02/2011. My mother's line however is eligible for a full discount on the iPhone 4. I want to use her upgrade, but I want the new iPhone on my line without touching or affecting her plan. What would be the best thing for me to do come June 24th? I was thinking about pre-ordering from Apple, but I believe someone said Apple can only upgrade the line eligible for the fully subsidized pricing, and they don't have the ability to switch the phone over. Pre-ordering from AT&T would be nice, but apparently if you pre-order from them, and pick it up in the store, you won't be getting your phone until the 25th. Would camping out the night before in front of the AT&T store be my best option? Or should I pre-order the phone from AT&T, get it delivered to my house (hopefully on the 24th) and then go into the store that day and have them switch the phone over from her line to my line?

Thank you!! :D

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Go to AT&T. Bring your mom and her her cell phone(they'll need to change her sim). AT&T can do the rest. I have done this before without adding anythingmto her line.

3. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, so would you recommend pre-ordering through AT&T or camping out the night before?

4. j3w3ly macrumors member

5. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816