upgrading ram and internal HD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coreyp, Jul 9, 2011.

1. coreyp macrumors newbie

I have the late 07 Macbook Pro 3,1 It has a 2.2mhz processor with 2GB C2D ram. Does anyone know the maximum amount of RAM upgrade I should install without going over the practical usage level? I've read places that anything over 4GB is worthless for this model and I would like verification.

Actually, same question goes with my internal hard drive....I have 120GB and would like to expand to at least 500GB or more if possible.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

2. MJNBGA macrumors regular

By the time you're doing all of this, it would be better to just buy a new MacBook Pro. Take out a loan if you have to! :D
    RAM will be $60-90, depending on what you buy, and a hard drive could be at least $100. Why not put that money towards a newer and faster machine that already has all of that. ?
    Just my $0.02... :)

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Any sata II 2.5" drive will be compatible with your MBP, buy whichever you want as long as it has a good warranty.

RAM is upgradable to a max of 4Gb.

BTW, just a pet peeve of mien, but your processor is 2.2Ghz, not Mhz, and your ram is not core 2 duo, your processor is, your type of ram is ddr2 667mhz 200-pin.