Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
With the price of ram dropping, I am looking at upgrading my ram from 4gb to 8gb. With that being said, is this upgrade worth it? Would it make some things noticeably faster?

Also if I was to sell my stock 4 gb ram from my macbook pro (2009 unibody) how much could i generally get for it.

Thanks

Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi
With the price of ram dropping, I am looking at upgrading my ram from 4gb to 8gb. With that being said, is this upgrade worth it? Would it make some things noticeably faster?

Also if I was to sell my stock 4 gb ram from my macbook pro (2009 unibody) how much could i generally get for it.

Thanks

i think its worth it if you can get the ram for about 30 dollars which is what its going for now.... as far as how much you would get im not sure but im guessing 700 to 800?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

It really depends on your current RAM usage. If you're typically using well below 4GB, even with all of the applications that you usually use open, putting more RAM in won't make a difference. However, if your RAM usage is near or over the full 4GB, or if you notice that your system is slow (beach balls), more RAM may be helpful.

Maybe $30? I'd say whatever someone will pay for it.....

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
If you are from the US, look into OWC - they have a buyback plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.