Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esulatell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I know exactly how to do it, I was just wondering how much two 8gb chips would cost (In the UK) and if the motherboard would actually recognize them.
All help appreciated :D

Edit: Sorry, I did mean two 4gb chips.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
I know exactly how to do it, I was just wondering how much two 8gb chips would cost (In the UK) and if the motherboard would actually recognize them.
All help appreciated :D

Two 8gb chips would equal 16gb......:confused:

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Currently £815.34 on crucial UK for a 2x4gb kit.

I seen that myself the other day when I ordered my own 4GB kit for my 2.4GHz Alu iMac for just £39.09. Given the performance increase, or lack of depending on who you listen to, between DDR2 and DDR3 you've got to admit it's a hell of a lot of money for memory.

Those two memory chips cost over £200 than I paid for my iMac itself.

kurosov

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2009
I seen that myself the other day when I ordered my own 4GB kit for my 2.4GHz Alu iMac for just £39.09. Given the performance increase, or lack of depending on who you listen to, between DDR2 and DDR3 you've got to admit it's a hell of a lot of money for memory.

Those two memory chips cost over £200 than I paid for my iMac itself.

Well i'll be getting myself a 4bg upgrade foy my '09 imac in the near future. I think it's £60 for the ddr3 kit.

The 8gb memory is definatly not worth the cost at the moment imo but i will be watching the prices closely for when it reaches a decent price.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
Well i'll be getting myself a 4bg upgrade foy my '09 imac in the near future. I think it's £60 for the ddr3 kit.

The 8gb memory is definatly not worth the cost at the moment imo but i will be watching the prices closely for when it reaches a decent price.

Same here, just not worth the hefty price at present and all past trends indicate the upgrade will be a lot cheaper in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.