Upgrading RAM in Mac mini from 1GB to 2GB (Canada)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doju, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

I have a 1GB Mac Mini (2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA 9400m) and want to give it 2GB.

Does this have 2 RAM slots so I could just add another 1GB RAM card? Or does it only have one and I'd need to buy a full out 2GB?

Could anyone link to a store or retailer in Canada to buy it from?

And if I just updated my MacBook Pro to a 500GB HDD and have the 250GB left over, could I put that laptop drop in my Mac mini?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

yes and yes, you could get the answers by searching the forums and google ;)

3. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

I think ^ was answering yes and yes to the first question? Either way, yes the Mini has 2 slots, yes you can just add another 1GB card, and yes you can put the 250GB drive into the Mac mini, you'd just need to format it and reinstall OS X.

4. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Link to buy 1GB DD3 for Mac mini (IN CANADA)

The recent Mac mini has room for 2 RAM modules, right? So if I wanted 2GB I could do 2x1GB?

Since the Mac mini I bought comes with 1GB RAM, I want to buy 1 more to bring it to 2GB which should be fine.

Can anyone link me to a Canadian retailer (or retailer who doesn't charge a stupid amount to ship to Canada, like OWC) that sells Mac mini RAM?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Tell me some Canadian electronic sellers so I can find you the RAM you need

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

OWC ships anywhere, is a great source for RAM, and charges less than $4.00 to ship to Canada.

7. snipes macrumors newbie