Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magiic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
I bought a MBP and want to upgrade my RAM as that seems to be the biggest recommendation on here. I am unsure though if I just need to purchase another 2GB stick or do I need to purchase two 2GB sticks to make the four. I am ordering my RAM from http://www.CanadaRAM.com

Thanks!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Apple ships the MBP with 2 x 1 GB so to make 4 GB you'll need to take those out and replace with 2 x 2 GB

(You can check the stock Apple configurations at the Apple store online and select one of the machines)

(Thanks! Make sure you mention MR when you call/drop in)

magiic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
Good to know. I will order two 2GB sticks then! Right now. I was going to order online but is calling in better?

magiic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
Either way is fine, orderform or call - If you want to drop into the office to pick it up, it'll save shipping cost.

I'd drop by but I live in Colwood and don't have my full license yet so I cant drive out easily to pick it up. Order coming soon!

magiic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
One last question. Does CanadaRAM pricematch? NCIX has the low latency RAM for $99 after MIB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.