upgrading text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefan1, Oct 1, 2007.

1. applefan1 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    can anyone tell me how to upgrade my text message plan. when i try to do it through att.com there is no $9.99 option for 1500 texts. is there a way to do it through itunes?

thanks

2. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

you have to call to have it done.. i did... changed from the $60 plan with 200 text messges to the $70 plan with 1500 text messages.

3. applefan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know the free ATT number?

thanks agian

4. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

611 on your iphone is a free call... doesnt use any minutes either..

p.s. the 611 is with any cell phone that i know of... direct line to your carrier

5. applefan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I did the exact same thing and now have the 1500 texts.

7. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Itunes is only to activate the iphone and pick a plan.
    Any other changes/additions or upgrades to your cellphone account you gotta contact AT&T

8. chriswheat macrumors regular

Also, just FYI: This happened to me, but I'm not sure its a common occurrence...when I upgraded (to the unlimited mobile-to-mobile text plan) I had to set up my voicemail box all over again and lost the voicemails in my Visual Voicemail folder.

9. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

per phone?

My wife and I each have an iPhone and are on shared plan ... would we BOTH have to upgrade to the 1500, or are they shared like the talk minutes?

Thanks

10. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

im not 100 percent... but i think they are considered different lines so i think they both have to be upgraded but only AT&T can really answer that for you... i would just call and find out...

11. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Its a per line thing... So if you have 2 iPhones you have 2 different iphone data plans

$20 Each --- Unlimited Net, 200 Text
    $30 Each --- Unlimited Net, 1500 Text
    $40 Each --- Unlimited Net AND Text

12. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Txt's are definately not shared between phones. You have to upgrade each line if you want 1,500 per line...

A word of warning also...

When you upgrade your txt plan, AT&T does some interesting "pro-rating", of both the existing plan, and the new plan, so becareful when you make the change, if you are doing this because you are way over your txt limit...

I would try to make the change on the 1st date of your new billing cycle, or as close to that as possible, if you are at all close to going over your 200 messages.

I got burned on this when I upgraded my daughter's RAZR from 200 to 400 txts, during the last week of the billing period...

You can call them and pread ignorance and they shoudl credit you back, but it is still a pain...

13. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

True, its because they bill in advance. When you get your bill you are actually paying for the next month and the current month usage...