Upgrading to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eswank, Nov 9, 2007.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

For some reason I'm really having a hard time trying to install this update. I know iTunes hasn't officially released it yet but when I download that MacRumors, TUAW, Engadget, and Gizmodo gave me all I get is a .zip file. When I extract it I get a couple of folders and a few disk images. From there I don't know what to do. I double click on the first disk image and its asking for a password that I don't know.

So if anyone know the step by step way of updating the iPhone please let me know. Thanks!

2. mugwump macrumors regular

Don't extract it.

I believe the iTunes "restore" option does the firmware update also.

3. isleofjib macrumors regular

why not?

from what i've read, you option+restore to get a prompt for which file to restore from, select the update file and let it go.

but, i still can't download this thru itunes and i have no idea why. haven't others had the update work thru itunes?

4. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

So if I don't extract it and leave the .zip file in the iPhone Updates Folder under ~/Library/iTunes folder then it should unzip itself?

5. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I tried to option-click on Restore to select the file. But, my iPhone crashed after it extracted the zip file.

It did, however, ask if I wanted to restore the iPhone and downloaded 1.1.2 on its own, and is now restoring.

five minutes later It restarted as a new iPhone that needed activation, which it did for me. It's restoring from my most recent backup. phew!

two minutes later restarting now. All information restored.

All Is Well! :)