Upgrading to 10.4.9 or above

Discussion in 'macOS' started by notmyeggs!, Aug 31, 2008.

1. notmyeggs! macrumors newbie

Hi all.

I have just got Final Cut Studio and need to upgrade to 10.4.9 or above. I am currently running 10.4.11 on a Power Mac with a Sonnet dual processor. I have recently used Super Duper! to copy my start up disk to a larger internal disk and create B/U copy to a partitioned Lacie external drive. Problem is I cannot now upgrade from Apple's site any version of 10.4.XX. When I get to choosing the disk to install the upgrades on all the possible bootable disk choices for installation are blanked out with a red question mark.

Why is this? Is it to do with my Super Duper! actions, is it Apple not letting me, or am I missing something.....I have never had this issue before when upgrading in 10.3 or below.

Regards

Steve

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Hi, can you clear up a little confusion here ... you say you need to upgrade to 10.4.9 - for Final Cut to work I assume - but then you say you have 10.4.11 operating. Umm, your OS is the latest and last of Tiger, you cannot upgrade it any further.

Secondly, what have you done with the smaller internal hard drive that you used originally? You may need to reinstall it.

As a last resort, you may need to reinstall Tiger with Archive & Install on the larger internal hard drive.

3. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Are you using the Combo updater?

Since you already have 10.4.11, if some software is complaining that you don't, it would seem that something went wrong with your copy. Re-copy using a different method, or re-install the OS on the problem drive and then update.