Upgrading to 10.9 from 10.7

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tekno, Aug 6, 2013.

  1. tekno macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2011
    #1
    I hadn't bothered upgrading to 10.8 purely because of iWeb. But I now have an independent website so can do so.

    Should I upgrade to 10.8 or wait for 10.9? If I wait, will it cost me double?
     
  2. activate macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2011
    #2
    It will cost you double (if apple retains their 10.8 pricing) only if you went to 10.8 then to 10.9. I would simply wait for 10.9 release.
     
  3. tekno thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2011
    #3
    I vaguely remember a few years ago when I had missed an upgrade, I had to buy/install the old version to then buy/install the new one?! In other words, Apple forced the upgrades to happen incrementally. I guess I'm wrong.
     
  4. bbfc macrumors 68030

    bbfc

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2011
    Location:
    Newcastle, England.
    #4
    That happened with some older releases. I presume you can go straight from 10.7 to 10.9.
     
  5. SanJacinto macrumors regular

    SanJacinto

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Location:
    Milky Way Galaxy
    #5
    It is also possible to go from 10.6 to 10.8, so I guess it's a no brainer that 10.7 to 10.9 will be possible.

    I am too still on 10.7 and plan to update to 10.9.
     
  6. activate macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2011
    #6
    Yes you can go from 10.6 upwards directly to 10.9. You can also just do a clean install provided you created a bootable disk from elsewhere.
     

Share This Page