Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thegame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
hi guys.... am currently running an unlocked 2g iphone firmware 2.0.1 and i have problems concerned with uninstalling the apps from installer so i want to restore my phone to 2.0.1 again..... i wanted to know whether i can restore the phone using winpwn 2.0.0.4 having the release of new firmware 2.0.2.......

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
AFAIK, no. The only available method that I know about for unlocking 2.0.2 is using QuickPwn on Windows, and it's not an officially supported use of the tool (basically, it involves successively unlocking and re-installing 2.0.2... and some people have stated that they think it's potentially dangerous and might possibly have some small chance of blocking use of later jailbreaking tools...).

I would stick with 2.0.1 for now. No one has really even found much evidence 2.0.2 does anything useful.

thegame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
but can i restore my phone to 2.0.1 again having the release of 2.0.2.... i have p[roblems with uninstalling the apps from installer 4 otherwise my phone is completly alright.....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
but can i restore my phone to 2.0.1 again having the release of 2.0.2....

I don't understand what this sentence means...

- Can you have a restore of 2.0.1 that somehow has the firmware of 2.0.2 on it? :confused: no.

- Can you restore to a pwn'ed 2.0.1 when your iPhone has already been upgraded to 2.0.2? I think so, but never tried it. Should be the same procedure as ever.

- or...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.