Upgrading to 2.0 While on Vacation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maclovin', Jul 1, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

I'm on vacation for the summer, away from my home computer with my iPod, and I was wondering if I will be able to upgrade a jailbroken iPod Touch. I have all my music and videos on a flash drive, but the only problem is that I bought the JSU way back when, and my iPod of course was synced to my home mac. So my question is, will I be able to do a restore of my iPod here, and upgrade to 2.0, or will doing this cause me to lose the JSU? Thanks for all the help.

2. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Does anyone know if this will work?? It's not exactly urgent yet, but I will want to update as soon as I can.

3. dark-saito macrumors regular

Read in another thread...

That the iPhone 2.0 Software update would also include everything from the January update... assuming for those who didnt get it in Jan or restored their iPod's to original settings. So i would say you're safe and not worry about losing the January update: You'll get it back if you lose it anyway. :\

4. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

OK, so if I update on the PC I have access to here, I will have firmware 2.0 and the JSU apps, but will the 2.0 update information be on my iPod(or iTunes account) or will it be tied to the computer it was updated on? If I ever need to restore my iPod again, will I need to download (and buy) the 2.0 update again? As much as I want 2.0, the JSU apps need to remain on my iPod.

5. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Your iPod and your iTunes Account will know you purchased 2.0

In the event you restore again, after restoring just right click your iPod in the devices tab and click Check For Purchases, which will find the 2.0 update.

6. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Thanks!! That's exactly what I wanted to know.