Upgrading to 2.33ghz logic board?....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slick316, Jun 10, 2009.

1. slick316 macrumors 6502

Looks like my 2.16ghz MBP with 128mb X1600 needs a new logic board. Apple wanted $900, so I took the laptop back to think about it. I've taken an MBP apart, so I know how to do it, so I looked up logic boards on ifixit.com and found mine for $500, and the 2.33ghz with 256mb X1600 for $600 and was thinking about going with the 2.33ghz if its possible.

My second option would be selling the MBP and getting a new MB, but would I even get $600 for my MBP knowing that it needs a new logic board?

I'm so confused, and upset with myself for not getting apple care.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

You would probably not get much if you sold it with a bad logic board... much less than $600.

And yes, the 2.33Ghz logic board will work as a replacement from the 2.16Ghz logic board. I would suggest doing that instead of selling it. And if you buy it somewhere like eBay, you can get a much better deal than $600 for the 2.33Ghz logic board.

Hope this helps! :)

3. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

If my memory serves me, there wasn't any difference in ports from the MBP using merom and the ones using Santa Rosa. Could he not just upgrade to the early 2008 2.2 or 2.4 GHz model and sell it to an idiot on craigs as such? (underhanded, I know). I'm just unsure wether the structure of the new logic board would fit, but I know that the LED backlit screen in the newer models aren't that much different in apperance than the 2.33 GHz CCFL ones. to iFixit!