Upgrading to 3.0 FW and then using ultrasn0w

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by urbanmojo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. urbanmojo macrumors member

Hi:

I have a 3G with 2.2.1 fw and 2.30 baseband. It is jailbroken and have been unsuccessfully trying to use Gevey turbo sim to unlock it. So now I want to make sure I understand what I can do in the next week to get me out of turbo sim hell:

1. June 17: Upgrade iTunes to 8.2 from 8.1. I can use the full iTunes 8.2, not just beta 8.2
    2. June 17: Upgrade iPhoneFW to 3.0 from 2.2.1 using iTunes 8.2. Put in DFU mode first. I don't need any other tools to do this. After this, the iPhone will no longer be jailbroken
    3. June 17: Jailbreak using QuickPwn if dev team gets that out for 3.0 by June 17th. Phone will be re-jailbroken. But still not unlocked.
    4. June 19: ultrasn0w is released by the dev team. Unlock the iPhone using ultrasn0w.

Does everything above sound correct? I don't want a brick, and I'm new to the iPhone.

Thanks...

2. patrickvanzandt macrumors member

Yes. Or just wait until 6/19 and do it all on one day :)

3. manorpark macrumors member

Do you need to put it in DFU mode first ?

MP

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

so the jailbreak for 3.0 comes out on the 17th and the unlock on the 19th??

5. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

You can update to 3.0 on a 2G iPhone without issues. The only thing that will happens is you'll lose your Jailbreak. Your phone will still be unlocked (mine is).
    On a 3G iPhone, it'll result in you losing your unlock as well. However, you'll be able to re-unlock with Ultrasn0w.

The Ultrasn0w/PwnageTool is supposed to come out on friday. You can do it now or wait till then. I'm a dev, so I made the jump :p

6. manorpark macrumors member

Menge

But does the phone need to be in DFU mode or can you just ugrade on a 3g JB phone not unlocked.

MP