Upgrading to 3G S Tomorrow - questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atacinus, Jun 18, 2009.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

So, is there a consensus on how to do the upgrade...I had a 3G and sold it - but kept the SIM card and backed it up via iTunes - is it right that I should just pop in the SIM and restore from iTunes...or is that going to be messed up because the 3G was running 2.2.1 and the new 3G S is going to be running 3.0?

Side question - 3GS or 3G S ?

Thanks!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

You will be able to restore from back-up like normal.. I do think the new iphones comes with sim cards so you wont have to worry about swapping

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

What really sucks is that I can't call ATT to ask them any questions about how to upgrade the phone...because that phone is my only phone ;)

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Haha

5. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I didnt want to make a new post for this question, but does anyone know if you can use an apple gift card to pay for the phone if I go to the apple store to get one? I know last year I had to pay with a credit card. And if I didn't pre-order one from Apple, would it be hopeless to try and get one tomorrow?
    I was going to give my mom my old 3g when I got the 3gS in the mail tomorrow, but now she wants the new one.