upgrading to 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teege, Apr 28, 2010.

  1. teege macrumors member

    Mar 31, 2010
    Love my wifi, but I may want 3G. Yes, I could have waited, but honestly, even if I waited I likely would have gotten wifi. It was only after using the iPad so much that made me even think about 3G.

    That said, is Apple letting people pay the difference? Is anyone selling their wifi to get a 3G?

    Other ways to pull this off?
  2. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

    Jul 14, 2009
    Apple is NOT letting people pay the difference for the 3G model.

    You are more then likely out of your return period, if not, return it, eat the restocking fee, live and learn.

    if you cant, your only bet is selling on Fleabay or Craigs, etc.

    I returned mine within the 14 days and awaiting my 3G
  3. mikewired macrumors member

    Apr 28, 2010
    Returned mine within 14 and now waiting to buy the 3g
  4. StBDawg macrumors regular

    Oct 5, 2008
    I ordered mine on Apple.com and got it on April 3rd. I'm tempted to take it to my local Apple store and see if they'll let me return it in exchange for a 3G. I've been hearing that some Apple stores are waiving the Restocking Fee and giving you extra time on the return policy if you are upgrading.
  5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020


    Jun 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL area
    I Should Have Gotten The 3G Posts

    Get ready folks....

    Here they Come!!!!!!!!!!

    I suppose a few who have patiently waited for their 3G without other drama are feeling pretty smug right about now!
  6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

    Chupa Chupa

    Jul 16, 2002

    Why should they feel smug? Did they do something fantastically great? Find a cure for cancer or diabetes maybe? Oh wait they held off less than a month to buy a 3G iPad because they didn't want the wifi model. :rolleyes:
  7. f00f macrumors 65816


    Feb 18, 2009
    New Yawk

Share This Page