upgrading to 4.0???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tybo, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Tybo macrumors newbie

i have a iphone 3gs untethered on 3.1.3 i have the white screen of death so i need to restore i have my shsh saved on cydia it says 4.0 4.1 and something else but i need a step by step guide if someone could plz direct me to one or tell me how to and i dont have a att sim so will i need one to restore and upgrade to 4.0

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

You're still on 3.1.3!? Dude you're way behind. I'd say update to 4.0, not 4.1 and jailbreak with jailbreakme and unlock with ultrasnow. but wait until someone confirms what i say before you do anything. I'm no expert.

3. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Do you have access to an official sim card to activate the phone? If yes, follow instructions below. If no, you will need to wait for hackivate JB, maybe 4.1.

Repost X per day. :D

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to downgrade to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can downgrade to.
    7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
    9) On phone, use Safari and visit jailbreakme.com to JB.

5. Tybo thread starter macrumors newbie

so if i dont have a att official sim i have to wait???