Upgrading to 4.3.3, worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, May 23, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Currently on 4.3.1 with 1.59.00 baseband. I would like to preserve the baseband but my main concern is whether or not the 1 signal bar issue persists with the newest firmware. Additionally, are there any other benefits that I'd get from upgrading, or by the same token, any new bugs that I should be aware of? Thanks guys.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Ehh, both 4.3.2/4.3.3 supposedly offer better battery life :rolleyes: I'm on 4.3.2 and notice no difference really. 4.3.3 obviously patches the location tracking crap that got everyone pissed off. If you're fine on 4.3.1, I say stay there until iOS 5 comes out. Unless you've got serious bugginess or whatever, updating probably won't do much for you. I have the updated BB so I can't speak to the 1 signal bar issue so perhaps someone else can chime in on that one.

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, the only issues I have with 4.3.1 are the signal problem as well as the home button crap which I'm convinced is going to be there no matter what, as long as Activator is installed. Better battery life is always a plus though. Hopefully someone with the 1.59.00 baseband can confirm what the deal is there.

4. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

I was on 4.2.1 and went up to 4.3.3 while maintaining the 1.59 baseband.
    I had some minor issues with certain Cydia apps and also the one bar signal issue. After about a week I went back to 4.2.1 because everything just worked. The signal bar kinda bugged me but I always knew it was just cosmetic. The battery seemed about the same for me also, really didn't notice any difference personally.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I did a lot of reading before upgrading from 4.0 last week; seems the one bar issue is a big nuisance if you've preserved your baseband, and having to add ultrasn0w to fix it an even bigger one, requiring popping the SIM in and out periodically to restore MMS and visual voicemail. I have a case where doing that regularly is a PITA, so for me, I opted to go to 4.2.1/1.59 instead. There just wasn't anything compelling for me to move further up the ladder, and just enough complaints out there about incompatibilities with certain apps and 4.3.3 to make it not worth the hassle.

Unless there's some really killer feature you want from upgrading, if you're not having issues, I'd stay put.

6. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Hmm well I'd really like to keep the personal hotspot so downgrading probably isn't going to happen. I guess I'll hold off on upgrading though for the time being