Upgrading to 6/6 Plus From 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HoosBruce, Sep 11, 2014.

  1. HoosBruce macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    #1
    Who is upgrading from their iPhone 5S to either the 6 or 6 Plus? What are your plans to do so? Will you sell the 5S on eBay, Craigslist, etc? Will you utilize the Verizon trade-in (seems like an easy solution, but you will get less $ for the device)? Will you be using someone else's upgrade that you share a plan with?

    I am in the middle of my contract as I bought the 5S on launch day, and was thinking about possibly selling the 5S, buying the 6/6 Plus outright, and selling it next year when I utilize my upgrade for the 6S or whatever it will be.

    Just wanted to see what the rest of you were thinking about doing in this situation.
     
  2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 25, 2009
    #2
    I actually may hang on to my 5S to run with until the watch is out.

    Otherwise, just gonna sell it to family member or gazelle.
     
  3. ravinder08 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2010
    #3
    if you got the bucks to burn go for it!
     
  4. HoosBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    #4

    Well I don't quite have the money to buy outright but that's why I was asking to see what others would do to cut that price down and get the most for their 5S haha.
     
  5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

    Tyler23

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2010
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #5
    I'm trying to sell it on Craigslist. So far, no real bites, but I've sold 2 iPhones and a MBP on Craigslist before so I remain hopeful.

    I'm going this route to try to get as much $$ for the 5s as I can, which is the only way the wife will approve me getting the new phone when I'm not eligible for an upgrade.

    If all else fails, I have a $315 offer from Gazelle locked in until Oct. 11.
     
  6. DanGoh macrumors 6502

    DanGoh

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2014
    #6
    Upgrading to 6/6 Plus From 5S?

    If the bigger screen is worth the $ you HAVE, I'd say go for it. Personally, If had a 5S I'd wait till next year and get the 6S. But I had a 5 (it broke) and am upgrading this year.
     

Share This Page