Upgrading to 8GB RAM (MBP 15'' 2011 Model)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, Dec 29, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Okay.. so I'm reading to upgrade my RAM under Lion to 8GB... its causing stuttering videos etc.. sometimes with MKVs etc.

So, how do I do this? Has anyone got a guide?

but more importantly.. what RAM do I buy? could someone give me a UK LINK!!!

seriously, I tried this last year with a different mac laptop and bought the wrong RAM and just left it. :'( don't wanna make the same mistake again. Thank you so much guys!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to probably find hundreds of similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

The manual that comes with your MBP exactly tells you _how_ to replace the RAM and _which type_ of RAM to buy.

If you have thrown it out, you can also get a pdf copy of your manual on support.apple.com

4. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

the search bar works wonders here. newegg is pretty easy to use when looking for ram, as you can specify your model number for specific fits of ram. also, what i decided to go with:

too easy

im curious as to which ram you bought that is causing you problems. please share some more specs with us. but really, OWC (the link) is your best bet in my opinion.

5. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

6. Mikesus macrumors 6502

I did it today.

After putting it in, and putting the screws back in, the screwdriver slipped a bit and left a scratch in the case. After I threw up and passed out, I realized that it is just on the bottom and if I spend $50 on a plastic case to cover it, I will feel loads better.

Seriously tho, its in the book. You did RTFM before coming here right?

7. rault18 macrumors member

rault18

read my signature, and go to the youtube channel..I posted a video on how to

its pretty simple