aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Okay.. so I'm reading to upgrade my RAM under Lion to 8GB... its causing stuttering videos etc.. sometimes with MKVs etc.

So, how do I do this? Has anyone got a guide?

but more importantly.. what RAM do I buy? could someone give me a UK LINK!!!

seriously, I tried this last year with a different mac laptop and bought the wrong RAM and just left it. :'( don't wanna make the same mistake again. Thank you so much guys!!

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
The manual that comes with your MBP exactly tells you _how_ to replace the RAM and _which type_ of RAM to buy.

If you have thrown it out, you can also get a pdf copy of your manual on support.apple.com

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
the search bar works wonders here. newegg is pretty easy to use when looking for ram, as you can specify your model number for specific fits of ram. also, what i decided to go with:

too easy

im curious as to which ram you bought that is causing you problems. please share some more specs with us. but really, OWC (the link) is your best bet in my opinion.

Mikesus

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZJQQI/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

With a size #00 Phillips.

Make sure you are super careful with the screws... they are tiny.

The RAM takes zero effort to remove and insert and you should be done in 5 minutes or less. The screws have blue loctite on them so be careful not to damage them.

I did it today.

After putting it in, and putting the screws back in, the screwdriver slipped a bit and left a scratch in the case. After I threw up and passed out, I realized that it is just on the bottom and if I spend $50 on a plastic case to cover it, I will feel loads better.

Seriously tho, its in the book. You did RTFM before coming here right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.