Upgrading to a new mac!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ngallor, Oct 20, 2014.

1. ngallor macrumors newbie

Hello guys! 4 years using a Macbook6,1 late 2009 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, nothing to say about it, I am very satisfied with it but time has changed and i need something with power.

I am an architect and i use programs like Autocad and Archicad that don't run very well in my actual mac so i wanted to ask you for help.

I am between 2 Retina MacBook Pro, both 15 inch, but different processors, 2.3 GHz i7 quad core late 2013 i think and a 2.5 GHz i7 quad core new retina macbook pro , both have 512 GB flash and 16 GB Ram.

the most important difference between both is the price of course, do you recommend me a little bit more processor or do i go for the 2.3??

or another option could be to wait for a new release!

2. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I do not believe there is much difference depending on the price but if I can afford the fastest one I would. If you are going to render you would have to wait until next day any way. If you are short on money get the cheapest one, it won't hurt.

I work in a video production company and we have different machines doing rendering, some are slow like the mac minis and some faster like the iMacs. But we have to wait for either render.