Upgrading to beta 3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeremy08, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

So have had tons of issues installing. Back to 4.2.8 now, have tried holding option and clicking restore as well as update. both have led to update errors. have also tried restoring from DFU. Any ideas. Its cdma iphone for btw. (obviously).

2. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

It's for developers for a reason

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

How do you know he's not a developer?

4. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Agreed, the one liner's are out of line and uncalled for. Either answer the question or don't post. That simple.

5. Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks man, my status as a developer is irrelevant, I was simply asking a question in a forum, no need to hate. BTW it is error # 14 when i do option+restore.

6. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Make sure you are on the beta of iTunes that corresponds with the beta of iOS that you are trying to use.

Next update to a beta, always restore.

Make sure your UDID is registered and that you don't have an entry for gs.apple.com in your hosts file.

Those are the basic things to check first.

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

A developer wouldn't be posting here as they wouldn't want to break the NDA (yes it is still in place, the gadget blogs all make sure posts are made from third party sources by authors that are not registered developers) and any questions they asked would be much more detailed with exact steps they have taken and the results they are seeing.

A developer also gets to read Apple's release notes and instructions so they know the steps to take, which answer the majority of people's questions that are asked on here.

8. Jeremy08, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Jeremy08 thread starter macrumors regular

Listen, its my hardware. My point was, that its irrelevant who I am or for what reasons i am asking the question. This is a completely anonymous forum, and I have the right to ask whatever questions I want.

You responding to me and telling me, what I would or wouldn't be doing if I was or wasn't a developer helps nothing and is just trolling.

Don't say anything or even read the thread if you have no interest in helping, it is people like you that make the world such a hateful place.

P.S. I fixed it, I had a corrupt version of 5.0 b3

9. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

You obviously didn't download it from Apple then as the DMG would not have even mounted if that was the case.

There are going to be a lot of angry "developers" if Apple lets a beta release slide resulting in betas expiring without a new beta release like has happened in the past.

10. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Get off your soap box and go preach somewhere else.

It isn't your job to tell people what to do. If Apple really cared about NDA breaks on iOS beta's these threads would not exist.

11. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

This is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon, seen as Beta 3's expiry date is the 18th of August! Thats around 5 weeks away im sure we'll see another Beta in that time ;)